How to read license in menu team

hello everyone, I want to ask about the billing menu in the appsheet on the team menu. how do you read that? can anyone help me? and why the root account appsheet appears 20 licenses.

thatโ€™s the number of licenses I bought, but why only my account has those licenses?

0 1 66
1 REPLY 1

@Mas_Syahdan_Fil wrote:

thatโ€™s the number of licenses I bought, but why only my account has those licenses?

What do you mean by this?  Are you expecting to see licenses available under a different account?

AppSheet billing is account based. Typically you only need a single App Creator account to house all of the apps. 

Licenses are purchased for that account for the number of unique users expected to access apps within that account.  Apps are then developed under that account as the "App Creator" account.  Each User who accesses any apps under that account can do so for as many apps and as frequent as they wish under a single consumed license for the month.   In other words, only one license per user per account per month is required to access all of the apps under that account.

If apps are split across multiple accounts, there would need to be a set of licenses for each App Creator account.  For instance if a particular user accesses an app under Account A and then also accesses an app under Account B,  a license would be needed for EACH Account A and Account B to support that users access.

There are occasions when two accounts might be needed - one for secured apps and one for public access apps.  These account cannot be combined, at least for now, as the apps follow different rules of access.  Any other division of apps across multiple accounts would be the preference of the organization and would require appropriate number of licenses for each individual account.

You may also be wondering about accounts used by app developers - i.e. shared access to apps - such as for an Enterprise.  These accounts allow access for developers as co-authors in the app or apps as granted and controlled by the App Creator.  While these accounts are given edit privileges to the app or apps, they do not need licenses purchased within their accounts to access the apps (I am actually not certain if co-authors consume licenses in deployed apps).  These developers could have additional apps owned by themselves for which they are considered the App Creator.  Should these apps be deployed then they will be subject licensing under those developer accounts.

I hope this helps!

Top Labels in this Space