How to remove seconds from 'Time' type in appsheet?

Appsheet Time.PNGI have an appsheet we use for my company to monitor environmental emissions. Recently we had an issue where an employee fat fingered an entry in the Start Time, ie. 16:071:31, which caused the app to fail to sync. I would like the Start Time to be strictly HH:MM and make adding a third integer in either hours or minutes impossible. The Stop Time is just the Start Time + 10 minutes which works fine.

I am quite new to this appsheet and would appreciate any help! 

Solved Solved
0 4 355
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

You can ignore seconds here

Screenshot 2024-01-02 201753.png

I am actually not sure how your employee could add an extra integer.
I tried in different apps I have, and always it switches to minutes right after the 2. digit in hours. The same if I enable seconds, it switches to seconds right after the 2. digit is entered in minute.

View solution in original post

Interesting. 
I will see if can find an iPad or iPhone to get deeper into this. I did not know this could be an issue on iOS devices (Good to know, thanks).

I have a Samsung, this is how a Time column is shown in the appsheet app. It is not an option to mistype the time ๐Ÿ™‚
Screenshot_20240102_204229_AppSheet.jpg

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

You can ignore seconds here

Screenshot 2024-01-02 201753.png

I am actually not sure how your employee could add an extra integer.
I tried in different apps I have, and always it switches to minutes right after the 2. digit in hours. The same if I enable seconds, it switches to seconds right after the 2. digit is entered in minute.

That did solve my problem, but it looks like I can still add extra integers. When I test the app on my computer I cannot, but on our iPad I can.

Interesting. 
I will see if can find an iPad or iPhone to get deeper into this. I did not know this could be an issue on iOS devices (Good to know, thanks).

I have a Samsung, this is how a Time column is shown in the appsheet app. It is not an option to mistype the time ๐Ÿ™‚
Screenshot_20240102_204229_AppSheet.jpg

Just got it to appear like that. I had to update Appsheets on the iPad and now it is a scroll menu like that. Thanks for all the help!

Top Labels in this Space