How to rounding up a decimal value

Hi every body !
I come back to you about my appsheet project.

In the column โ€œTaille de lโ€™รฉchantillonโ€, I would like to rounding up automatically this value.
I wrote a statistique formula which calculate the valu โ€œTaille de lโ€™รฉchantillonโ€ and I would like to rounding up this value : example : here the value is 378,35 and need to be rounding up to 379.

Thank you a lot for your help !

0 11 444
11 REPLIES 11

Please consider using one of the following AppSheet functions

Thank you a lot @Suvrutt_Gurjar !

So, here is my calculation for the column โ€œTaille de lโ€™รฉchantillonโ€ : ((([Sigma][Sigma])([Proportion](1-[Proportion])))/([Marge dโ€™erreur][Marge dโ€™erreur]))/(1+((([Sigma][Sigma])([Proportion](1-[Proportion])))/(([Marge dโ€™erreur][Marge dโ€™erreur])*[Nb dโ€™OTs/an])))

Shall I write CEILING((([Sigma][Sigma])([Proportion](1-[Proportion])))/([Marge dโ€™erreur][Marge dโ€™erreur]))/(1+((([Sigma][Sigma])([Proportion](1-[Proportion])))/(([Marge dโ€™erreur][Marge dโ€™erreur])*[Nb dโ€™OTs/an]))) in the Formula ?

Should be correct.

Just in case, I allow myself to make a suggestion: when you write expressions such as this one, it could be useful for you and us, to indent formula and add some blank spaces, then use the โ€œpreformatted textโ€ in the editor toolbox (icon : </>).
This way, it turns easier to read and understand.

CEILING(
   (([Sigma] *[Sigma])* ([Proportion] *(1-[Proportion])))/([Marge dโ€™erreur]* [Marge dโ€™erreur]))
   /
   (1+((([Sigma] *[Sigma])* ([Proportion] *(1-[Proportion])))/(([Marge dโ€™erreur]* [Marge dโ€™erreur])*[Nb dโ€™OTs/an]))
)

Ok super, but what means the โ€œ!โ€.

I don t see any problems : calculation + rounding up work good so iduโ€ฆ

Thanks for the strong help !

The exclamation point in the yellow triangle means the reference is not found in the source table, or at least in the key_column.

Can you confirm that ?

So you say that appsheet donโ€™t recognize the link of the reference between 2 tables ?

Actually it probably does.
But itโ€™s looking for the value โ€œ379โ€ in the key_column of โ€œTableau de mesureโ€ (or โ€œMesure discontinueโ€, Iโ€™m not sure of correctly understand in which table is the column โ€œTaille de lโ€™รฉchantillonโ€), and I assume 379 is not an entry ?

EDIT : minor correction

In the table โ€œMesure discontinueโ€ there is a formula for calculate โ€œTaille de lโ€™รฉchantillonโ€.
In a second table โ€œTABLEAU DES RESULTATSโ€, the column โ€œTaille de lโ€™รฉchantillonโ€ is a Ref.

By this way, I would like to call back the value of โ€œTaille de lโ€™รฉchantillonโ€ of the table โ€œMesure discontinueโ€ to inject this value in the table โ€œTABLEAU DES RESULTATSโ€.

Ok.

What is the source table of your ref ?
And what is the key_column of this source table ?

I think there is something to do with it.

The source table is โ€œMesure discontinueโ€
The key_column is โ€œNumรฉro de mesureโ€โ€ฆ

Top Labels in this Space