How to show summary of status in Appsheet

I have 15 kinds of status like (open ,close ,pending ,approve) in appsheet.
i want to show sumary of status like below..

StatusNo
Open2
Pending3
Close12

Pls show me how to do this?

0 5 275
5 REPLIES 5

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @vicks88980 

You would benefit from using a rich text formatting.

For reference:  Rich Text Formatting - in Preview Program - Google Cloud Community

Here is a sample code:

CONCATENATE(
"<table>",
	"<tr>",
    "<th>",
      "Open",
    "</th>",
    "<th>",
      "Pending",
    "</th>",
    "<th>",
      "Closed",
    "</th>",  
  "</tr>"
"</table>", 
"<tbody>",
	"<tr>",
  	"<td>",
  		[_calculus_Open],
  	"</td>",
    "<td>",
  		[_calculus_pending],
  	"</td>",
    "<td>",
  		[_calculus_closed],
  	"</td>",

"</tr>",
"</tbody>"
)

The output looks like this:

Aurelien_0-1693820323654.png

It's up to you to adapt the example provided above to make it match your need 🙂

Remember to tick this option:

Aurelien_1-1693820398467.png

That's brilliant @Aurelien  Another option that I use is to use View Options --> Group by. First Status and then _RowNumber and Select Group Aggregate as COUNT.

jyothis_m_1-1693823270982.png

and below is the result

jyothis_m_0-1693823178007.png

Another option is using PIVOT TABLE

I'll chime in with a little high-level theory on how we can make solving the "getting the count" problem computationally easier on the system.

• Ultimately we're trying to solve the problem: how many X, Y, and Z items

For this, my solution would be to either:

1. create slices for these, which I can then simply COUNT(Pending_Slice[Record_ID]) to get my number; or
  2. create a "support" table with records that represent each of the status, changing the status column in your data table to ref connect to this new Status_Types table, and then on this new table... you'll have a [Related Whatevers] for all the records in that status.

I'm quite partial to b myself; but if you've only got a few path A can work just fine.  But you said 15, so I'd got the route of building out a new reference table for these and connecting things together like this.

• This will ultimately open up further doors and functionality later on down the road, which you might not be considering right now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS: @Aurelien nice Rich Text usage!  I love it

@MultiTech wrote:

create a "support" table with records that represent each of the status, changing the status column in your data table to ref connect to this new Status_Types table, and then on this new table... you'll have a [Related Whatevers] for all the records in that status.

👍👍

Top Labels in this Space