How to trigger a Chat notification based on a Enum column value of the new entry added.

Hi Expert, 

I have an app which collect few details from the users of app, and then it should notify the respective department via Google chat. 

I had success in redirecting all new request coming in the app to a Google chat group. However, when I attempted to redirect chat massage to a different chat group based on a Column (Enum) values I am not getting any notification. "

Below is the condition I am using under Automation 

[_THISROW].[Choose the solution area] = "Finops"

I have also tried below condition 

AND([_THISROW_AFTER].[Choose the solution area] = "Finops", [_THISROW_BEFORE].[Choose the solution area] <> [_THISROW_AFTER].[Choose the solution area])

koolsri17_0-1699157911483.png

Solved Solved
0 4 194
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Enum type column is not a problem.  However, the Base type could be.  Do you have your columns defined with a Base Type of Ref - i.e. are you referencing values from another table?

If so, then be aware that the value stored in the Ref column is the row key.  When you are comparing to a Ref column you need to "dereference" it to the column whose value you wish to compare to...like so:

[Choose the solution area].[Name] = "Finops"

Replace [Name] with which ever column holds the value to compare to.

If the above doesn't seem to apply, then please show your column configuration.

I hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

The first expression will work fine IF you are trying to trigger the bot ONLY on row ADDS -- as indicated in the Bot Event.  If this is what you wish and its not working then first check the Monitor to make sure the bot is being triggered at all.  If not, then make sure your spelling of "Finops" exactly matches the Enum value in the [Choose the solution area] column.

However, the second expression implies you are also trying to trigger the Bot when the row changes its [Choose the solution area] value. 

If you wish to trigger the Bot on ADDS with "Finops" set and ALSO if the row is changed to "Finops" after it has already been added, then you want to change the Bot to "Adds and updates" and use the second expression.

I hope this helps!

Hi @WillowMobileSys ,

Thanks for responding to me. I noticed that from Monitor Dashboard is not getting triggered at all. 
Yes I want to achieve the below : If you wish to trigger the Bot on ADDS with "Finops" set 

Also, the Field choose the solution area is a Enum type, not sure if this is causing any concern. 

I tried to test the bot manually but not sure why it says false, even thought both value are same. 

Screenshot 2023-11-05 9.08.53 PM.png

Enum type column is not a problem.  However, the Base type could be.  Do you have your columns defined with a Base Type of Ref - i.e. are you referencing values from another table?

If so, then be aware that the value stored in the Ref column is the row key.  When you are comparing to a Ref column you need to "dereference" it to the column whose value you wish to compare to...like so:

[Choose the solution area].[Name] = "Finops"

Replace [Name] with which ever column holds the value to compare to.

If the above doesn't seem to apply, then please show your column configuration.

I hope this helps! 

Top Labels in this Space