How to trigger to create an inline view for a child table added later?

Hello,

Wondering if there is a way to trigger the appsheet to add an inline view for a child table that is added later on. I have added a virtual column and assigned the REF_ROWS Expression and its properly showing the Inline section in the detail view. But I dont see newtable_inline view in the editor like I have for all the old tables. Where is it taking that view from then. I want to customize the newtable_inline but its no where to be seen.

Solved Solved
0 6 246
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

There are conditions (that I don’t fully understand) when AppSheet does not automatically create inline views. But you can add them yourself without any problem. Simply create a card, deck, gallery, or table view (as you prefer) in the ref position for the child table. You can give the view any name you want–it needn’t contain “inline”.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

There are conditions (that I don’t fully understand) when AppSheet does not automatically create inline views. But you can add them yourself without any problem. Simply create a card, deck, gallery, or table view (as you prefer) in the ref position for the child table. You can give the view any name you want–it needn’t contain “inline”.

Ok but Where does it mention the connection. How does the detail view connects to that particular view… When appsheet creates the inline views automatically, it automatically connects to the table_inline views( though I don’t see the connection mentioned but I use them to cusomise those inline sections). So If I create the newtable_inline view , how do I instruct the app to use this particular view to show the inline view of this new table.

Try my suggestion. If it doesn’t magically work, let me know.

The magic works Bro but with no clue how

When AppSheet goes to display a view, it looks for the configuration of an aggregate view in the ref position for the table or slice. If it finds one, it uses it. If it doesn’t find one, a default view is used. The key here is that AppSheet goes looking for the view configuration–there is no “connection” that needs to be made,

An “aggregate view” is just about any view type that can display more than a single row’s data at a time: card, chart, deck, gallery, map, or table. Not included: detail, form, and onboarding.

Ok. Thx mate… That stabilises my confused state. Onto the next step now… Let’s see how it goes.

Top Labels in this Space