I added a column to my spreadsheet and "regen...

I added a column to my spreadsheet and โ€œregeneratedโ€. I received this error (โ€œThe app template diff data is too largeโ€) and canโ€™t figure out how to fix it without rolling back to a previous version. I understand Appsheet thinks a bunch of changes have been made, but I all I did was add one column. Any ideas?

0 10 813
10 REPLIES 10

Is this an error, or merely a message? I see this message routinely, and it does not indicate a problem.

I believe itโ€™s tied to an error Iโ€™m getting. Thatโ€™s what Iโ€™m trying to figure out though.

@Eric Silver What is the problem you believe the message is tied to?

Can you see the original post? Iโ€™m adding a column to my spreadsheet and regenerating in AppSheet. When I do apparently AppSheet canโ€™t read the spreadsheet any more and my app stops working.

@Eric Silver The โ€œapp template diff data is too largeโ€ message is not an error, and is normal when sufficient changes have been made.

Please describe the way in which your app does not work.

Iโ€™m not sure how else to describe it other than what I posted above. When I add a column to the spreadsheet and regenerate the table I get a message saying the app canโ€™t read the spreadsheet any more.

Here are the specific error messages I just received

The only way I can get the app to work again is to restore a previous version. When I try to do this without removing the column I just added I get this message.

โ€œUnable to fetch app definition: Error:Error: There is a mismatch in the number of columns between the spreadsheet for FieldEstimate-129634:1.041493:Field Estimate and the table schema. The table has 36 columns but the schema has 35 columns. Please regenerate the table column structure. Error: The table FieldEstimate-129634:1.041493:Field Estimate is not available Error: Data table โ€˜Field Estimateโ€™ is either inaccessible or empty./nError: There is a mismatch in the number of columns between the spreadsheet for FieldEstimate-129634:1.041493:Field Estimate and the table schema. The table has 36 columns but the schema has 35 columns. Please regenerate the table column structure. Error: The table FieldEstimate-129634:1.041493:Field Estimate is not available Error: Data table โ€˜Field Estimateโ€™ is either inaccessible or empty./nError: There is a mismatch in the number of columns between the spreadsheet for FieldEstimate-129634:1.041493:Field Estimate and the table schema. The table has 36 columns but the schema has 35 columns. Please regenerate the table column structure. Error: The table FieldEstimate-129634:1.041493:Field Estimate is not available Error: Data table โ€˜Field Estimateโ€™ is either inaccessible or empty./nโ€

This would appear to be a bug with AppSheet. As the error messages suggest, you should email support@appsheet.com for help. Theyโ€™ll need the screen capture you posted above.

I donโ€™t use Office360, so have no experience diagnosing those specific errors.

I will email them. Thanks. The spreadsheet is actually a Google sheet. Not sure why it says Office 360.

Top Labels in this Space