I am trying to select Google Spreadsheet to c...

I am trying to select Google Spreadsheet to create a new App. But I cannot search and locate the spreadsheet within the Appsheet search. I have tried different search terms, but nothing will bring up the file.

I can find it fine searching the same terms within Drive itself.

So right now, I cannot create an app, because I cannot select the spreadsheet to create it from. Is there a workaround for this problem?

Video to explain: http://somup.com/cFin12V7JF

Many thanks,

0 5 329
5 REPLIES 5

Is the app and gSheet under the same account?

yes

note, I have had the same issue with the same type of selection window for Drive.

I understand that it is a Google Drive bug. Though I am really stuck now… I literally cannot make the app.

I have seen some Google Drive selection windows, where you can add a URL of the file at the bottom. Amy chance appsheet may chance to that type of selection box?

Ill try some things like renaming the file, and see if I can get it to show up.

Open the gSheet directly from the Drive and run the Appsheet Add-On. Then you don’t need to find it.

ok noted, thanks for the workaround solution!

I’ve experienced the same issue but have found that by immediately closing the google drive data source window (with the X in the top right corner) and then going through the same process of looking for data a second time, all my files become available. I now do this as a matter of course! It’s a pain and it had me stumped for a while, but it’s quick.
Some users might prefer it as a solution.

Top Labels in this Space