I can't login on because Appsheet Android app need Chrome browser to be installed.

Hi,

I'm completely locked out because Appsheet on Android won't recognize that I have Chrome on my phone, which came with it as the default browser. I can't login because Appsheet need Chrome browser to be installed.
I have both the latest version of Appsheet and Chrome on my Android.

I already uninstall and then installed again both of Appsheet and Chrome browser app on Android. 

Everything is up to date, and there were no updates between when I last used the app and when I got locked out.

Very frustrated.
Any idea?

Screenshot_20220529_231659.jpg

FYI, It's work fine when I try to login via Chrome browser. 

This issue occurs if I open the Android Appsheet app only. 

0 11 723
11 REPLIES 11

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

This is a known problem. Please contact Support for help.

https://www.appsheet.com/Support/Contact

tagging @mandard from our team who is looking into this issue.

Hi, can you please share more details on when was the mobile app last working? Also, what's your device type and os version.

I can't remember, but I think last week was normal. I also don't know why the app asks to login again.

I'm using a Vivo V16 Pro device (6 GB RAM, 128GB Storage). Android OS version 11.

Thanks for the info. Does the following help?

1. Close appsheet app.

2. Make chrome your default browser: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95417?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid

3. Reopen the appsheet app.

Steps 1 and 3 above could also be replaced with uninstalling and reinstalling the appsheet app. Would be curious if this works for you. Thanks!

I already uninstall and then installed again both of Appsheet and Chrome browser app on Android.

Also Chrome is my default browser on Android.

Other apps that are logged in using a Google account run normally. Only the Appsheet app is not running normally. 

@isdal FYI

Thanks for the info. Would you be open to trying out a beta build with a probable fix? If so, can you open a support ticket to continue?

One more question: Do you have any other browsers (other than chrome) installed on your device? If so, were they recently installed?

After hearing your question I would like to try uninstalling all browsers except Chrome for testing. But it looks like I can't do it 🙂

Since 2019, I have Chrome, Chrome canary, Chrome beta, Chrome dev,
Brave, Edge, Opera, Diigo. I use them all for multiple account and specific needs.
But my default browser is Chrome.

Hi, we have a fix being rolled out in v15.5 of the appsheet android app for this. Please let us know if it works for you.

Hi,

I'm reporting that Appsheet logins problem is back to normal and it works in version v15.5.

Thanks. 

Top Labels in this Space