I cannot refer column from user setting

I have a column Current quotation in user setting table.

This is ref to a table and the value is the maxrow to get current quotation

_ThisUser.PNG

I used current quotation from user setting in format rule so that it highlights the current quotation. But the row with current quotation is not highlighting.

Formatting.PNG

I am using current quotation at many other places as well but it's not working altogether

Please help me with this. Thanks.

Solved Solved
0 3 104
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

This specific use of user settings is what I call a seesaw bug.

You should avoid doing things like this

There is an inherent problem with grabbing a value from user settings and using it elsewhere; it will work most of the time, then app sheet will release a new update and it will break, then they'll fix it, then they'll break it, then they'll fix it, then they'll break it.

I can't build mission critical software with stuff like that going on, you know what I mean?

Instead I make use of the current user system, and utilize that in some way to bring forth the behavior I'm looking for. Whether it's an enhanced dashboard, or a way for the user to specify what they're working on at the beginning of their workflow, with the current user system in place there's a way to do it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

This specific use of user settings is what I call a seesaw bug.

You should avoid doing things like this

There is an inherent problem with grabbing a value from user settings and using it elsewhere; it will work most of the time, then app sheet will release a new update and it will break, then they'll fix it, then they'll break it, then they'll fix it, then they'll break it.

I can't build mission critical software with stuff like that going on, you know what I mean?

Instead I make use of the current user system, and utilize that in some way to bring forth the behavior I'm looking for. Whether it's an enhanced dashboard, or a way for the user to specify what they're working on at the beginning of their workflow, with the current user system in place there's a way to do it.

Annnd what is current user system? @MultiTech 

Top Labels in this Space