I have a field called date. A user clicks the...

I have a field called date. A user clicks the date field to enter the date the job was done. Iโ€™d like it to auto populate that field with todayโ€™s date as soon as he clicks it.

Right now he can select todayโ€™s date from the map that automatically pops up, but I just want him to click the field in the edit form and it puts todayโ€™s date in the field immediately.

Is there a way?

0 11 584
11 REPLIES 11

In initial value use formula now()

I had tried this and today() but this does not AUTOMATICALLY FILL IN THE DATE WHEN I CLICK THE FIELD. All it does is set the drop down map interface to todayโ€™s date and I still have to click the map interface which is an extra, unnecessary click.

What I want is the user clicks on a date field or a date button or whatever in the form, and it sets the field immediately to todayโ€™s date.

Right now when I click the field it shows โ€œmm/dd/yyyyโ€ and then I have dropdown arrow for a map I can select to pick the date that way instead of typing it in.

The clarify this is not a NEW record, this is updating an existing record.

Hi @George_Smith,Could you mention what you mean by " drop down map interface"?

If you are referring to โ€œcalendarโ€ view that pops up , then you may wish to create an action of โ€œ'Set the value of a columnโ€ on the said column and set it to โ€œTODAY()โ€

The user can click on the action in detail view of the record to do the needfulโ€ฆ

Sorry yes I meant calendar. I appreciate your answer, but I am fairly new to the app and donโ€™t yet know how to โ€œcreate and actionโ€. Would you mind being more specific?

Ok THIS is life changing (or at least APP changing)โ€ฆ thank you!

Any way you know of to change the order that actions display prominently in? I now have 5 action buttons but would love to be able to re-order them.

There is a small Rearrange actions link at the end of Actions.

This might also be helpful. https://help.appsheet.com/ux/capturing-information-in-forms/tracking-changes-using-change-column-typ...

Ah just found it, thank you again!

Ok since I am on a roll, any way for me to have the email icon load up an addressed email with content from a standard template?

Hello @George_Smith, Having email body template

may not exactly happen from email Icon that is associated with an Email type column (Clicking on it will open an email with โ€œToโ€ address picked up from Email address in the associated email column)

However AppSheet has rich actions, workflow and reporting features through which you can send emails/SMSs/Notifications and more based on app behavior and data processed by app.

I request you to read following

help.appsheet.com - Workflow and Reports: The Essentials Workflow and Reports: The Essentials help.appsheet.com

Top Labels in this Space