I have a section in my app that allows a cust...

I have a section in my app that allows a customer to view a contract. The contract is on Google drive, and I put a shareable link in the SHOW column, named [Contract] in the CONTENT box.

I changed the DISPLAY NAME to โ€œContract.pdfโ€

When I go on the App though, it shows the big long URL, not the display name. Why is this?

Thanks in advance.

Craig

0 10 330
10 REPLIES 10

The display name is for the column, not for the content. But of course, it should show the display name hyperlinked to the url.

Weโ€™ll make that change. @Sarah_Gould_AppSheet, @Adam_Stone_AppSheet (for clarity, the scenario is that this is a Show column of type Url)

If in the url field [Contract] the option โ€œIsHyperlinkโ€ is true, it will show that short version on the Show field.

Confused โ€” this is a Show column not a Url column.

Uupsโ€ฆ I misreaded the Show column. I thought he used expression [Contract] in Content field. My mistake.

Have I got this stuff in the right place? I mean, it works perfectly, shows the link etc., but just looks ugly. Need it to show something like โ€œRead Contractโ€ instead of a big ugly link urlโ€ฆ

thanks for the input so far.

yes, this is a flaw on our side. Probably a simple fix once my colleagues Sarah and Adam see this early next week.

For now, you can use the HYPERLINK(url, link text) expression in the Show Content field.

@Sarah_Gould_AppSheet I get an error, something about โ€œArithmetic Expressions has inputs of invalid typeโ€. Probably to do with the / symbol in the Url?

Whatโ€™s your expression?

Top Labels in this Space