I have a table 'project" which refers to tabl...

I have a table 'project" which refers to table โ€œtaskโ€. I also created ProjectView using project data. Column order set as โ€˜project descriptionโ€™ and โ€˜project tasksโ€™. When this view is seen I dont find the order of original tasks table( which in excel sheet is โ€œTask Description,start Date,Expected finish date,Quantity, Unit Rate, Rs/unit,Budget,project,Quantity completedโ€

What I see is โ€œStart Date Expected finish dateโ€ which is not desirable.

What can be done to get the same order of columns as it exists in source excel sheet?

I am attaching screen-shot

0 11 393
11 REPLIES 11

Check the system generated view like Tasks_Inline and set the column order from there.

@Aleksi_Alkio I have set the desired order of column & headings are appearing as expected except for Task Description.Instead of Task Description as a heading I can see Delete(or Trash) icon.

Screen-shot posted.

What can be additionally done here so that a Delete icon appears alongside each row? I want the user to be able to delete any of these rows.

Any way out please?

Is it okay if I open your app and check the reason? For doing that, I need your account ID number and the app name.

@Aleksi_Alkio Please access BuildSmart5-213475

Translate

May I ask what is the purpose that when you open the task, you want to open the project record instead of taskโ€™s details?

The reason for this โ€œdeleteโ€ icon is thisโ€ฆ you have added an option โ€œAttach to columnโ€ in a form view definition and you have chosen the column โ€œTask descriptionโ€ for that purpose. Remove this option and it should show you the Description field as well.

@Aleksi_Alkio Can understand what am I to do now but canโ€™t find

that thing?

Your system action โ€œDeleteโ€ for task table has this option โ€œAttach to columnโ€. Remove that option and it will work.

@Aleksi_Alkio Thanks a lot. This makes the view as I want.Thank you very much.

Top Labels in this Space