I have a table with DateTime-timestamped rows...

I have a table with DateTime-timestamped rows. In a table view, I want the row grouped by date and only the time listed for each row, so I created a virtual column for the date and another for the time. The VCs allow me to display the table view as I want. But, those 2 VCs also appear in the form view when editing a row, which I don’t want. If I mark the VCs as Hidden or hide them with Show_If, their values don’t appear in the table view, which is bad. How can I hide these columns in a form view?

0 9 389
  • UX
9 REPLIES 9

The big sticking point is I can’t find a way to change the behavior of the + button in the table view. Since the table view must use the table with the VCs, the + button thereon then opens a form for that table and exposes the VCs.

There is a setting somewhere that has an option to show if universally… You might want to play with that

@Grant_Stead I keep that option enabled normally. The problem is that if I use Show_If to hide the VCs, it also hides them in the table view. I created the VCs to use in the table view. Hence my delima.

I get the same issue all the time… It takes a lot of work and playing with it and compromise to get it to layout how you want… Same issue with formatting, maybe you want it green and bold in the table view, but not in the detail view… So then you have to make all of these VCs…

@Steven_Coile If you turn off the “show if universal” setting, they won’t show in your form view, but will show in your table view. If this setting is turned off, I’m pretty sure it only applies to the form view.

This sounds like what you are looking for.

@John_Gardner Unfortunately, I use Show_If extensively outside of forms.

@John_Gardner You have prompted me to think in a different direction, though! Thanks!

Steven I’m trying to do the same.

If you got it to work, would you be able to share how you did it.

@Dave_Anderson I will! Unfortunately, the direction John inspired didn’t work out, so I’m still looking for a solution.

Top Labels in this Space