I have an app where users will have to input ...

I have an app where users will have to input their names into each entry. I would like to prevent any form of impersonation. How can I tag their names to their User account?

Is it an add-on service where I have to upgrade to a higher level plan?

0 10 847
10 REPLIES 10

You need to have at least Standard plan so you can read user’s email address with the USEREMAIL() expression. When you know that, you can read (from additional user table) the correct user’s name and use that if needed.

Hi Aleksi, thank you for the prompt reply, but perhaps I was not clear enough. I would like to auto-fill the NAME section of the form in my app, whenever a registered User is filling up a new entry. The auto-filled name will be tagged to each individual user’s account.

Thank you

Do your users need to sign in to the app?

@Aleksi_Alkio Yes, they do.

So… if you add that expression USEREMAIL() into the Tech Name’s initial value, it will fill the field automatically with the email address. Is that what you are looking for?

@Aleksi_Alkio ah yes, that is what I am looking for. Thanks alot!

@Aleksi_Alkio Would like to add on from here: Now how do I call out the new table you mentioned earlier where each email has one name? What is the expression needed? i.e. I would like to see the Tech’s actual name instead of email

Add a table and then read the name with LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(),TableName,Email,Name)

@Aleksi_Alkio Thank you Aleksi! It worked just as I wanted it to

You’re welcome

Top Labels in this Space