I have an inventory app. i need to generate a report of all the inventory that was moved out today

How do i add all of today’s entries made to a delivery child table to a pdf report. I have a pdf file row for the child table that works only for individual deliveries.

0 5 146
5 REPLIES 5

Have you considered creating a Slice? This is effectively a view of a table with a filter applied. You can then treat the slice as you would a table in the rest of the application.

Yes, a Slice is one way to do it and I would strongly recommend using a Slice IF you are also planning to use this same set of data in the UI of the app as well.

If you ONLY need this data in the PDF, then I would recommend referencing the data only there. No sense in adding additional processing overhead to the app if its not needed.

To do this in the PDF, you would be using Automation and in this case a Scheduled Bot with the “For EachRow” setting turned OFF.

In your template you would use a START block at the very top to choose the list of rows to be used in the generated report. Something like this:

<<START: FILTER(Child Table,  [Date] = TODAY()>>

---report body---

<<END>>

How do i open the file through the app on demand??

It would be better to create view to show the data. Is there a reason you need to save the file and view it later?

Assuming you do have a reason, it is possible to automatically add the file into AppSheet and view it when requested. This does take some effort.

You might review this post first. I tried to spell out the steps to get files added into the app. Come back here of you still have questions.

When crossing state lines the truck driver needs to have a physical copy of the list of goods.

Top Labels in this Space