I have created three columns 'photos','video...

I have created three columns

โ€˜photosโ€™,โ€˜videoโ€™ & โ€˜fileโ€™ to enable uploading of photo,video & files.But why file upload is not supported on smartphone though it

work well on laptop? Also โ€˜videoโ€™ column is always reset to read only mode and is never visible to record or upload videos? Any help will be much appreciated.

0 11 392
11 REPLIES 11

I have no idea why file upload doesnโ€™t work on a smartphone.

As for the video column, what column type is it? Does it have an App formula or Initial value?

@Taran_Bhagat currently you can not upload videos directly through your device. You must upload them to YouTube and then put the link in.

ok.Thanks

If the file uploading doesnโ€™t work, check your phone settings. I believe the reason is the device itself.

+Steve Coile column type is video

@Taran_Bhagat Iโ€™m going to defer to @Grant_Stead in this, as he has more experience with AppSheetโ€™s support for media than I do.

@Aleksi_Alkio I tried to upload from my device using the link files.fm - 2018-05-15_kxnkzsyh And it is working well. Perhaps it may not be the device problem.

What could be wrong?

2018-05-15_kxnkzsyh files.fm

@Grant_Stead but why the column is reset to read only and not accessible during app execution?

+Steve Coile no app formula

intercom.help - Column Types: Diving Deeper

Video capture is not supported, it only accepts URL from public locations. Thus I havenโ€™t messed with it much and canโ€™t comment on how appsheet treats itโ€ฆ Column Types: Diving Deeper intercom.help

If you review the link I posted it also explains that file upload is only available in browser.

Top Labels in this Space