I'm connecting to Google Sheets, and it seems...

Iโ€™m connecting to Google Sheets, and it seems like whenever I have an โ€œAdd Rowโ€ action, it takes 30 - 60 seconds for each new row to be added.

Is this normal?

Am I missing a setting or optimization somewhere?

0 6 319
6 REPLIES 6

@Chris_Rea

What are you seeing when you look at the performance data at Manage > Monitor > Performance Profile?

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh Hi Philip - I pulled those numbers from there - see screenshot.

thoughts?

I did have an add row action today that was only 5 seconds, but that kind of time is few and

far between

@Chris_Rea and another set of examples

@Chris_Rea that Register table, btw, has 1782 records in it currently - donโ€™t know if that impacts the performance of adding a new row?

there are also 10 spreadsheet fields in that table - not sure if that also impacts performance?

@Chris_Rea

For some reason it sometimes takes Google a long time to read the โ€œRegisterโ€ worksheet. Sometimes it returns the table in less than a second. At other times it can take 17 or 18 seconds.

If you dig into both the Sync and Add performance entries you will see that the read times of โ€œRegisterโ€ vary widely. Ditto for some of your other tables.

When we add a record we must first read the table, so the slow read time is causing add to take a long time also. You can see that for yourself by digging into the Add performance records.

I would focus on why Google Sheets is taking so long to return the โ€œRegisterโ€ worksheet. Expensive worksheet formulas might be a factor. Expensive references to other tables might be a factor. I suggest you focus on that worksheet and the other slow ones. You may see a pattern by doing that.

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh gotcha, thanks for the insight.

Iโ€™ll dig into the google sheet itself - I wasnโ€™t aware that you needed to read the table before inserting a row, although that makes sense when I think about it.

Top Labels in this Space