I'm trying to bring the Customer's (_Computed...

Iโ€™m trying to bring the Customerโ€™s (_ComputedName) into an โ€œopen ordersโ€ list.

I created a slice for โ€œOpen Ordersโ€ and pull the data from the [Order Info] table based on โ€œStatusโ€.

This is working great.

Now I want to add the Customerโ€™s name to the listing on the app.

I assume I need to create a virtual column with this name.

I created one and have tried every way I could to bring in the customerโ€™s name.

I just canโ€™t seem to figure it out.

I can get a list of every customer in that field and display it, but not one that is specific to that OrderID.

So for clarity sake, I have [CustomerInfo] table that has the cust info in it. And connected from that as a child is the [Order Info] table that has the order details including itโ€™s โ€œStatusโ€.

Does that make sense?

0 10 508
10 REPLIES 10

@Aleksi_Alkio Iโ€™m not following you.

On my โ€œOpen Ordersโ€ view what should I be using for the section that is being โ€œflaggedโ€?

@Aleksi_Alkio Iโ€™m not following you.

Where the computed name comes in and gets โ€œflaggedโ€ for a lack of better term is actually where I computed it myself and not from [_ComputedName], I canโ€™t use [CustomerID] for that screen because that would mean nothing to anyone looking at the screen.

Ok, I think I figured it out.

Iโ€™m using a very convoluted expression but itโ€™s working.

I am getting odd triangle ! marks on my app next to the computed names.

But I used:

=CONCATENATE(ANY(SELECT(CustomerInfo[First Name] , [_THISROW].[CustomerID]=[CustomerID]))," ",ANY(SELECT(CustomerInfo[Last Name] , [_THISROW].[CustomerID]=[CustomerID])))

Here is what Iโ€™m speaking of.

You can call the name with the deref expression like [CustomerID].[_ComputedName]

@Aleksi_Alkio When I used โ€œ_ComputedNameโ€ in the expression above it would say โ€œcolumn not foundโ€, I guess because itโ€™s technically a virtual column it might not be computed except when that table is being directly referenced?

Total guess.

Iโ€™m still curious about those hazard exclamation point things on my app now.

May I ask what is the app name and the account ID? Is it okay if I check your app?

@Aleksi_Alkio 235051 CustomerInfo Translate

Because you are using the virtual column [_ComputedName] as a label, you could use just the [CustomerID] on your Order Info table.

It wonโ€™t show the [CustomerID] itself because the [_ComputedName] is a label column in your table.

Top Labels in this Space