I'm trying to bring the Customer's (_Computed...

I’m trying to bring the Customer’s (_ComputedName) into an “open orders” list.

I created a slice for “Open Orders” and pull the data from the [Order Info] table based on “Status”.

This is working great.

Now I want to add the Customer’s name to the listing on the app.

I assume I need to create a virtual column with this name.

I created one and have tried every way I could to bring in the customer’s name.

I just can’t seem to figure it out.

I can get a list of every customer in that field and display it, but not one that is specific to that OrderID.

So for clarity sake, I have [CustomerInfo] table that has the cust info in it. And connected from that as a child is the [Order Info] table that has the order details including it’s “Status”.

Does that make sense?

0 10 505
10 REPLIES 10

@Aleksi_Alkio I’m not following you.

On my “Open Orders” view what should I be using for the section that is being “flagged”?

@Aleksi_Alkio I’m not following you.

Where the computed name comes in and gets “flagged” for a lack of better term is actually where I computed it myself and not from [_ComputedName], I can’t use [CustomerID] for that screen because that would mean nothing to anyone looking at the screen.

Ok, I think I figured it out.

I’m using a very convoluted expression but it’s working.

I am getting odd triangle ! marks on my app next to the computed names.

But I used:

=CONCATENATE(ANY(SELECT(CustomerInfo[First Name] , [_THISROW].[CustomerID]=[CustomerID]))," ",ANY(SELECT(CustomerInfo[Last Name] , [_THISROW].[CustomerID]=[CustomerID])))

Here is what I’m speaking of.

You can call the name with the deref expression like [CustomerID].[_ComputedName]

@Aleksi_Alkio When I used “_ComputedName” in the expression above it would say “column not found”, I guess because it’s technically a virtual column it might not be computed except when that table is being directly referenced?

Total guess.

I’m still curious about those hazard exclamation point things on my app now.

May I ask what is the app name and the account ID? Is it okay if I check your app?

@Aleksi_Alkio 235051 CustomerInfo Translate

Because you are using the virtual column [_ComputedName] as a label, you could use just the [CustomerID] on your Order Info table.

It won’t show the [CustomerID] itself because the [_ComputedName] is a label column in your table.

Top Labels in this Space