I'm trying to create an internal knowledge sh...

Iโ€™m trying to create an internal knowledge sharing system. everyone in the system can post questions, and others can answer, which they can answer the questions through โ€œRelated Answersโ€ column generated automatically by the system. I want to add a third layer that users can rate the questions by 1-5, so I created the third data base called Ratings, and people who want to rate can access through related ratings column.

The problem I having right now is, I want to have a column called โ€œAverage Ratingsโ€, so I can sort answers by averaging ratings. How can I acquire the average number of โ€œRelated Ratingsโ€?

0 6 395
6 REPLIES 6

To Add in my expression is: =AVERAGE(SELECT([Related Ratings][Ratings],TRUE))

But on the row โ€œAnswerโ€ table, column โ€œAverage ratingsโ€ is still 0. I used TEST button to test it out, the outcome is correct, but why is it not showing?

Hi @Simon_Zhang, For this scenario, I believe you could evaluate using reference actions. Please refer the sample app created by senior colleague @Aleksi_Alkio

appsheet.com - EventAction - Created by Aleksi EventAction - Created by Aleksi appsheet.com

@Suvrutt_Gurjar I didnโ€™t see any formula in this app on ALL Cost

Please look at Actions created in the app.

@Suvrutt_Gurjar Right on! Thanks 10000 millions

hi @Simon_Zhang, All thanks are due to

@Aleksi_Alkio. He recently suggested and created this solution in response to another similar scenario.

Top Labels in this Space