I need help with displaying EnumList with bas...

I need help with displaying EnumList with base type as Ref

I have a field set as EnumList which pulls from

a referenced table so the base type on this EnumList is Ref. This works great in the Form View, however, when I save the form, it displays the keys of the referenced table.

Is there a way to display the Label of the referenced table as it does in the Form View?

0 9 781
  • UX
9 REPLIES 9

Can you copy and paste your base type qualifier text here… And does it list time table name

@Grant_Stead {

“ReferencedTableName”: “Apostles”,

“IsAPartOf”: false,

“ReferencedType”: “Text”,

“ReferencedTypeQualifier”: "{\r\n

“MaxLength”: null,\r\n

“MinLength”: null,\r\n

“IsMulticolumnKey”: false,\r\n

“Valid_If”: “”,\r\n

“Show_If”: “”,\r\n

“Required_If”: “”,\r\n

“Editable_If”: “”\r\n}",

“ReferencedKeyColumn”: “Apostle ID”,

“RelationshipName”: null,

“InputMode”: “Auto”,

“Valid_If”: null,

“Show_If”: null,

“Required_If”: null,

“Editable_If”: null}

I dont have a time table

@Aaron_Moolb Everything looks right there. When mine are set-up like that it shows the labels, as CSV, a little wonky looking but acceptable…

@praveen Do you have any ideas?

@Grant_Stead Here is what I did as a work around. Like I said, the form view is awesome. Its the detail and table views that stink. So, I set up a VC that says =SELECT(Apostles[Apostle ID],IN([Apostle ID],[_THISROW].[Saturday Morning Session Apostle ID]))

This takes the Keys of the comma delimited field in the detail view and turns it into a list that is friendly.

I then set up my column structure to not show the real column but rather the VC with friendly views.

Its goofy this way but works.I was just hoping for an easier fix in the UX or something

Hey Guys,

@Steve, @Aleksi does this behavior still persiste or do you guys know of a better way to accomplish this.

Not exactly sure what the problem is here on this thread.

Enum or Enumlist with base type REF is always save the key value of the referenced row, meaning it is default behaivor of Appsheet. There is no workaround to save the filed value which is set as label.

If you want to save the label value to the spreadsheet, then you make the label value as Key of that table.

@Aaron_Moolb Agreed, that’s what you would have to do in your case… I assume that you’ve played with the item separator…

@Grant_Stead I have not. Have any recommendations?

@Aaron_Moolb Nope, just play with it, and make sure it’s CSV…

Top Labels in this Space