I need to add Spreadsheet Formula's

Hi,

I have formulas in my spreadsheet that are not being generated in my App, I have tried regenerating the structure but this does not work either, is there a way I can get my formulas into the app?

0 5 526
5 REPLIES 5

@Dan_Lawrie
Why do you need spreadsheet formulas? Are they too complex or have functions that are not existing in AppSheet? Asking this, because you can build the same expressions with AppFormulas as well.

@LeventK
This is an example of the formula I will need to import.

=IFERROR(IF(R2=โ€œNot foundโ€,ArrayFormula( CONCATENATE( FILTER(โ€˜OPEN ORDERSโ€™!U:U,โ€˜OPEN ORDERSโ€™!T:T=A2) & CHAR(10) ) ),ArrayFormula( CONCATENATE( FILTER(โ€˜OPEN ORDERSโ€™!B:B,โ€˜OPEN ORDERSโ€™!A:A=E2) & CHAR(10) ) )),"")

The problem is not all of the sheets are imported into the app as I would be unnecessary data for most of the users and would slow the syncs

@Dan_Lawrie
Even you have sheets that you havenโ€™t imported to the app, AppSheet is reading the gSheet as a whole workbook already. Depending on the complexity of your formulas, gSheet might not complete the calculations before the app finalizes the syncing process, hence you might not be able to see the calculated data promptly in the app which will need an additional sync and therefore might confuse your users.

@LeventK

The problem is doing it as an app formula will only update when someone updates that row of data, wheres as a spreadsheet formula will constantly update.
Not only that trying to figure out how to convert my formulas into Appsheet formulas is becoming increasingly frustrating with no real documentation anywhere to help.

@LeventK

Also how do you search a sheet that you have not imported as app sheet does not recognise the sheet name?

Top Labels in this Space