I've got clients, and jobs... When I'm lookin...

Iโ€™ve got clients, and jobsโ€ฆ When Iโ€™m looking at the client detail view, itโ€™s showing me the Jobs as a Gallery, I donโ€™t want a gallery, I want a table lusted thereโ€ฆ I tried creating a Table for the Jobs position REF,

but itโ€™s still wanting to show a galleryโ€ฆ

Is there any way to select what view I want shown?

0 5 331
5 REPLIES 5

I halfway figured it outโ€ฆ I use slices with no filters so that I can arrange columnsโ€ฆ I build all of my views off of slices. So I had to go back into the standard ref-rows that is system created and identify the proper sliceโ€ฆ Then create the table viewโ€ฆ Even still I donโ€™t know how to specify which view to use thereโ€ฆ

(Unless I specify a distinct slice just for that view, and then create a matching view for exactly that sliceโ€ฆ)

Would it be easier to regenerate the table for correct column order

Tables and slices are each entities, which means their views are independent of each other.

@Grant_Stead you were right when you said youโ€™ll need to create a duplicate of the view for the slice, because thatโ€™s exactly what you have to do.

I personally think that itโ€™s great that they are treated separately, because that gives you the ability to show data differently even though itโ€™s still basically the same dataโ€ฆ Because ones of slice and ones and actual table. Or both are slices, or whatever.

Think about it like this, maybe I want to show the past 60 days of something as a table on top (that way you can easily see numbers and labels and such) and then a graph of the exact same data underneath it.

The only way you can accomplish that, is by creating a separate slice and making another ref rows in your original tableโ€ฆ And now you have two separate entities, that are both filled with the same data. But because they are separate entities, they have different view controls.

Ya dig?

@MultiTech_Visions I do dig, I do!

I think my main issue is that it is obscure to not be able to select which view itโ€™s pointing tooโ€ฆ

Itโ€™s also obscure that you canโ€™t reorder the columns directly from within the form viewโ€ฆ

Top Labels in this Space