I've run into a new problem with a key column...

Iโ€™ve run into a new problem with a key column.

The app is not deployed yet and I have a table that uses a column as key that has a spread sheet formula in it. It works just fine.

The problem is, that everytime I save the app, the key changes to the rownumber column (at the top). Then there comes an error that it is not a suitable key column.

Then I set the cross again to the spread sheet formula column and it works again. Until I save the app again.

Why is that? Canโ€™t I use a spread sheet formula column as key? And if yes, why does it work if I donโ€™t save the app.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings, Adrian

0 4 359
4 REPLIES 4

I think the issue is that the formula is changing the key every time there is a change on the spreadsheet. Key columns cannot change. That would be like a friend giving you his address to come over but then he changes his address while youโ€™re on your way.

Hi @Adrian_Enz. What formula are you using for your key column, and where are you entering it?

I would recommend using the UNIQUEID() function, entered

in the โ€œInitial Valueโ€

setting of your key column. This generates a random-text key, so make sure to set the column type as TEXT.

@Aaron_Moolb is correct. You canโ€™t use formula behind of key column. It doesnโ€™t matter if itโ€™s an app or sheet formula.

And @Aaron_Moolb has a very cool analogy as well!

Btw, the reason it doesnโ€™t show an error until you Save is that the error checking (the โ€œcompilationโ€ of the app) is done only when you save.

Top Labels in this Space