I want external users to use apps created with the AppSheet license included in Google Workspace

If you want external users to use an app created with the AppSheet license included in Google Workspace, please tell me how you will be charged.

For example, we have 500 employees, but only 300 use apps created with AppSheet.
If I want to let external users use an app created with AppSheet, can I share it with up to 200 people at no additional charge?
Or do I need to add 200 licenses?

So we want to know if we have 500 AppSheet licenses.

Thank you!

Solved Solved
0 6 2,628
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for your additoinal clarification, things are getting clearer.

My first advice is to get in touch with your Google sales contact to ask for. You are using AppSheet Core lisense under the Google Worksplace contract. We are not sure about the detail of your Google Workspace contract how they are defining the use of AppSheet license under Enterprise Plus.
It could be possible that the license under Google Enterprise plus is just given to your workspace users. i.e. the users under the same corporate domains. Or it is possibly not true.
Again, better to ask Google Sales rather than AppSheet on your case.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

We need to check several aspects of your contract for both Google Workspace as well as AppSheet lisences.

If you are with Google Workspace enterprise PLUS, then AppSheet CORE should be included in your Google Workspace contract. If GWS agrement is under that, then you need to buy AppSheet lisence separately.

Assuming the case where you are not on Enterprise Plus but less than that, and you have 500 employees, but only 300 employess will use appsheet app. Then you need to buy 300 lisences from AppSheet.

In terms of โ€œExternal usersโ€, AppSheet have its own definition. Lets assume you have own app running for your company, but you would like someone, outside your organization, such as your contractors or agent, to interact your app. Then those users are deemed as External users undre Appsheet and they provide the special lisences for such external app users. But this lisencs should be made available from AppSheet Enterprise license. Meaning, you have enterprise plan for AppSheet licenses, then you would have option to buy lisences for external users.

Yes AppSheet pricing plan is bit compicated.

We are re-selling AppSheet enterprise licenses at APAC regoin, inc Japan.

For more query for licenses, feel free to drop mail to vendola_admin@vendolasolutions.com

@Takuya_Miyai

Hi @tsuji_koichi

thank you for your answer.
Iโ€™m sorry, Google Workspace license and AppSheet license are mixed, so please organize them.

Since my company (organization) has a contract with Google Workspace Enterprise Plus, it is recognized that the Core license of AppSheet is included.
In other words, can I think that my company (organization) has 500 Core licenses for AppSheet?

In that case, if the AppSheet app created by a member of my company (organization) has 300 active users, I think that the remaining 200 licenses can be used by external users without additional licenses.

Another fundamental question is, what is the definition of an external user?
If I share an app from the Share app to a user in a domain different from the company or in the public domain (eg xxx@gmail.com), is it an external user and requires a separate enterprise license?

Excuse me for the long sentence.
please confirm.

Thanks for your additoinal clarification, things are getting clearer.

My first advice is to get in touch with your Google sales contact to ask for. You are using AppSheet Core lisense under the Google Worksplace contract. We are not sure about the detail of your Google Workspace contract how they are defining the use of AppSheet license under Enterprise Plus.
It could be possible that the license under Google Enterprise plus is just given to your workspace users. i.e. the users under the same corporate domains. Or it is possibly not true.
Again, better to ask Google Sales rather than AppSheet on your case.

Hi @tsuji_koichi

Thank you for your answer.
Well, Iโ€™ll check with a Google sales representative once.

Thank you!

We had a chance to speak to Google Worksspace suport deak. What we learned is that the your users undeer your GWS accounts (meaning your employees) only asssumed to be AppSheet users who are able to consume your lisences for Appsheet which are coming along with your GWS Enterprise Plus lisences.

But again, this is general and standards, it is possible your contract is not like this.

All in all, our suggestion is to you is to get in touch with your contact with GWS sales to double check to see how you did a deal with GWS incl usage of AppSheet Licenses. You may find different stories.

Hi @tsuji_koichi

Thank you for your additional contact.
Continue to talk to your Google representative.

thank you for checking!

Top Labels in this Space