If Any function help

OK, so Iโ€™m lost and Iโ€™ve been struggling with figuring out how to write this for over an hour now. I have a record, and it creates multiple child records in another table. In that child record I assign a driver to the record. What I want to do is have a True False statement that tells me if there is a driver assigned to all related child records. I was thinking I could use an IF and an Any function to accomplish this, but I keep getting false Trues.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks in advance for the help

Solved Solved
0 4 270
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tony1

How about something like this? COUNT(SELECT([Related Child Records][Child Key], ISNOTBLANK([Driver]))) = COUNT([Related Child Records])

The [Related Child Records] is the virtual column in your parent table that holds the related children.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

tony1

How about something like this? COUNT(SELECT([Related Child Records][Child Key], ISNOTBLANK([Driver]))) = COUNT([Related Child Records])

The [Related Child Records] is the virtual column in your parent table that holds the related children.

Tony,

Thanks for the help. As I was sitting here pontificating my usefulness in the Universe, I thought about how I used use countif functions in excel. Then found I could do something similar to your suggestion. It looks like itโ€™s working now, Iโ€™m just tightening it up. Thank you for the quick response.

tony1

I think people often get confused by the ANY function. Most people expect it to mean something like โ€œare there any elements thatโ€ฆโ€ but it really means โ€œgive me an arbitrary element fromโ€ฆโ€

Yep, thatโ€™s what got me thank you for the assistance

Top Labels in this Space