If Blank then

Hello,

A little help would be appreciated

I have two columns. Col1- โ€˜Do you wish to leave a commentโ€™ & Col2-โ€˜Commentโ€™ - The first is a yes/no. The second is a long text.

Iโ€™ve been unsuccessfully trying to create a scenario where if Col1 = โ€œNoโ€ then Col2 is auto filled with text โ€œNo commentโ€.

And if Col1 = text โ€œYesโ€, then the user is allowed to leave a long text comment.

Can someone show how to achieve this please.

Solved Solved
0 4 235
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Please explore if following helps you.

In the Col2 , initial value setting , you could have an expression such as

IFS([Col1]=FALSE,โ€œNo Commentโ€)

In Col2, Editable ? Setting, you could have

[Col1]=TRUE

In Col2 's Reset on Edit? setting you could have

[Col1]=FALSE

Here Col1 is assumed to be AppSheetโ€™s Y/N type column , so it evaluates to TRUE or FALSE based on enum selection. So TRUE and FALSE are used in expressions above.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Please explore if following helps you.

In the Col2 , initial value setting , you could have an expression such as

IFS([Col1]=FALSE,โ€œNo Commentโ€)

In Col2, Editable ? Setting, you could have

[Col1]=TRUE

In Col2 's Reset on Edit? setting you could have

[Col1]=FALSE

Here Col1 is assumed to be AppSheetโ€™s Y/N type column , so it evaluates to TRUE or FALSE based on enum selection. So TRUE and FALSE are used in expressions above.

Thank you Mr. Gurjar.

It worked a treat! You wont believe how may hours I spent trying to figure that one out

Question - Is it possible for an empty field to be populated (with text or another field) if it is left blank?

Example. A column has no relation to any other column in the table. It is set โ€˜Require?โ€™ off. On save, the blank field is filled with text โ€œN/Aโ€.

I believe you can do so by using event actions on form save. You could set all those such columns to โ€œN/Aโ€ by using action type, โ€œSet the values ofsome columns in this rowโ€ and set this action as event action on form save.

Thank you for the update. Good to know the solution works as per your requirement.

Top Labels in this Space