Incorrect date format

I have column โ€œRequired Dateโ€ with datatype as โ€œDateโ€. I have set the locale of my Spreadsheet and Appsheet Application as โ€œEnglish (UK)โ€. In my system, the date is shown in โ€œdd/mm/yyyyโ€ format. But in my clientโ€™s system (He is from New Zealand), it is showing in โ€œmm/dd/yyyyโ€ format. Does anybody know the reason for this. The client has tried this on his both his mobile application and browser. It is driving me nuts for past one week.

0 10 435
10 REPLIES 10

Hi.
It is probably because of different browsers.
You can force the format by having a Viritual Column and in formula have:
DAY([Required Date] & โ€œ/โ€ & MONTH([Required Date] & โ€œ/โ€ & YEAR([Required Date]
In form, show the [Required Date], In detail/lists etc, show the new VC.
In showif [Req Date]: CONTEXT(โ€œViewtypeโ€) = โ€œFormโ€ and in showif [New VC]: CONTEXT(โ€œViewtypeโ€) <> โ€œFormโ€

But it will still show the date in mm/dd/yy format when the user selects the date from date picker in form

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

The userโ€™s device locale should be set according to the userโ€™s preference. AppSheet tries to accommodate the userโ€™s preference.

But the user is from New Zealand. His default settings are of dd/mm/yy

Is the user accessing the app as an app? Or through the browser?

He is accessing from both. And the result is same on both. I am going nuts on this.

The Chrome browser has a long-standing bug where it always uses the MM/DD/YYY date format in certain locations. I suspect (but do not know) that browsers based on Chrome (like Microsoft Edge) might suffer the same bug. If thatโ€™s whatโ€™s biting you, thereโ€™s nothing to be done. I have no explanation if the problem is affecting other browsers, or affecting the native app. I have to suggest you contact support@appsheet.com for further help with this.

This is my experience as well.
That is why I suggested:
DAY([Required Date] & โ€œ/โ€ & MONTH([Required Date] & โ€œ/โ€ & YEAR([Required Date]
In form, show the [Required Date], In detail/lists etc, show the new VC.
In showif [Req Date]: CONTEXT(โ€œViewtypeโ€) = โ€œFormโ€ and in showif [New VC]: CONTEXT(โ€œViewtypeโ€) <> โ€œFormโ€

Thanks man, let me try this

Thanks Steve

Top Labels in this Space