Info Button

Hello everyone. I wanted to ask you this time, if there is any way to add to the right of each form field, a button that the user can touch and be led to an explanation about the field. It is practical to avoid having to create a user manual.

Solved Solved
0 11 412
  • UX
5 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Consider using Show type columns to provide instructions before or after a column in a form view. You can use techniques like hiding the instructions once the user has entered information in a column or creating a format rule to visually distinguish all such columns using a consistent style.

View solution in original post

Alternatively, I suggest to implemement "Do nothing, but render confirmation" action.

It looks like this.

I do implement this trick quite often to guide user what the particualr column stands for and how to guide user to enter the required value to the target field.

2023-01-09_19-29-10.gif

This is easy trick.

Create "Grouped Action" placed inline. But you do not select any action down there, but tun on confirmation for action alone.

For confirmation message, just pass whatever texts (guide) you want to present to the app users.

Make all those display action name to "OK" or some other word you prefer so that the users close this dialogue.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

You can also create a Show column of category Url. When clicked, the user will be taken to a separate browser window to view the URL, leaving the form unaffected.

11 REPLIES 11

Consider using Show type columns to provide instructions before or after a column in a form view. You can use techniques like hiding the instructions once the user has entered information in a column or creating a format rule to visually distinguish all such columns using a consistent style.

Thanks @dbaum  I hope you have a great day. You have helped me again.

Alternatively, I suggest to implemement "Do nothing, but render confirmation" action.

It looks like this.

I do implement this trick quite often to guide user what the particualr column stands for and how to guide user to enter the required value to the target field.

2023-01-09_19-29-10.gif

I think this idea is great, in fact it is what I wanted. I thank you so much. Could you explain a bit how to create the action?
Regards @Koichi_Tsuji 

This is easy trick.

Create "Grouped Action" placed inline. But you do not select any action down there, but tun on confirmation for action alone.

For confirmation message, just pass whatever texts (guide) you want to present to the app users.

Make all those display action name to "OK" or some other word you prefer so that the users close this dialogue.

Is it possible to apply this in forms? I find it impractical to display this information in details since even then the user has already added the information.

No. Those actions can not be accomodated by Form view, but only by detail views.

You consider to let your users to enter the data through the detail view with quick edit mode so that you can place those actions instead of letting users to enter all the data through the form views.

excellent thank you very much!!!

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

You can also create a Show column of category Url. When clicked, the user will be taken to a separate browser window to view the URL, leaving the form unaffected.

This is really good! I'll try @Steve 

Top Labels in this Space