Initial Value Percent Column type

Hi everyone,

I am trying to have an initial value in my percent column type of 75. However when I enter 75 it shows as 7,500. I have set the decimal to zero but it still does this. I am not sure where I am going wrong.

I also canโ€™t find articles on the type details portion of the percent column type. If anyone knows of any please let me know so I can do some reading.

Thanks again,

Josh

Solved Solved
0 3 742
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Aleksi has an explanation here

@Steve Iโ€™ve seen this a few times in not that long of time; I tried finding something in the documentation about this subject but itโ€™s spotty at best.

Perhaps some dedicated documentation informing people about the percent column type and the decimal number the system will expect?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Josh_Klassen,

Please try the initial value as 0.75 instead of 75

Aleksi has an explanation here

@Steve Iโ€™ve seen this a few times in not that long of time; I tried finding something in the documentation about this subject but itโ€™s spotty at best.

Perhaps some dedicated documentation informing people about the percent column type and the decimal number the system will expect?

@Suvrutt_Gurjar @MultiTech_Visions

Thanks guys,

After an hour or so doing research it seems that was a very simple fix.

@MultiTech_Visions I did come across that post in my research however I thought it didnโ€™t apply to me as I wasnโ€™t using gsheet formulaโ€™s. Good to know.

Many thanks,

Josh

Top Labels in this Space