Initial value from another table

Table A has many columns. 2 particular columns are โ€œBrandโ€ and โ€œProduct nameโ€. When an user adds data to table A, the user needs to select a brand (dropdown list) in column โ€œBrandโ€ and select a product name (dropdown list) in column โ€œProduct Nameโ€. If product name is not found in column โ€œProduct Nameโ€, the user can click โ€œNewโ€ to add. Thus, another form (Table B) pops out. Table B has 2 columns (โ€œBrandโ€ and โ€œProduct nameโ€). I want the value of โ€œBrandโ€ in Table A (the value selected by the user) to be the initial value of โ€œBrandโ€ in Table B when Table B pops out. How to write the expression? Thank you very much.

0 3 710
3 REPLIES 3

You may wish to post more details of your configuration of those two tables with respect to how those are connected etc. so teh community could offer a more definitive approach.

Till such time, have you considered using LINKTOFORM() function?

https://www.appsheet.com/samples/This-app-shows-how-to-link-to-a-form-and-fill-in-default-values?app...

Hello @AppSheet_Lectra, i had the same question not so long ago, and i havenโ€™t been able to dereference values from a form into another, as far as i know this is not possible at the moment.

So i did what @Suvrutt_Gurjar suggested:

Instead of letting the user add a new product from inside the form, i added an action button that lets them get straight to the new product form with some of the fields already locked in.

Currently, I changed the type of โ€œProduct Nameโ€ in Table A to โ€œRefโ€ so that user can select product name from a dropdown list. If product name is not found, user can click โ€œNewโ€ to add new product name.
I will take a look how to use LINKTOFORM. Thank you.

Top Labels in this Space