Initial view showing all records for child view in interactive dashboard

Hi - I have an interactive dashboard with three views added in this order:

1)  Patients by Status (a Table View of the Clients data table)
2) Patient Record (a Detail View for Clients data table)
3) Chat History (a Card view of Patient_Messages table, which is a child of the Clients table)

Users should be able to select a Patient in 'Patients by Status' (left most view) and the other two views will then update to show data for that patient. This works as expected, expect when first logging into the app, the Chat History view is showing all records for all patients. I want it to show 'no items selected', same as the middle Patient Record view. See screenshot below with dummy test data. 

JoeMcFadden_0-1677010919385.png

- Clients table has 'Email' as the key field
- Patient_Messages table has a ref field called Client, which is a ref the Clients table (see below)

JoeMcFadden_1-1677013651418.png

How do I get the Patient Messages view to only display any items when a patient is selected in the first view? 

PS The ref column in Patient Messages does use an auto_compute formula, but I don't think that is the issue. I'm reasonably confident about that because I've also tested the dashboard with a view of another child table of Clients (Orders) that doesn't use a formula in the ref field. I get the same results, i.e. all orders from all clients appear in the view until the user selects a patient in the first view.

Solved Solved
1 1 151
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

@JoeMcFadden wrote:

How do I get the Patient Messages view to only display any items when a patient is selected in the first view? 

The behavior you're seeing is just how interactive dashboard works.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

@JoeMcFadden wrote:

The behavior you're seeing is just how interactive dashboard works.

Top Labels in this Space