Inline view without virtual column

Hello,

I have an attendance table and an advances table. I have another table to prepare salary. Now in salary table I want to show advances I gave to that specific employee whose data will be in advances table. I know this can be done using VC (Ref_rows). But my app is already containing much formulaโ€™s and I donโ€™t want to add any more load on processor. So kindly No VCโ€™S. Is it possible to show some rows data from advances table in salary table just like an inline view without using VC?

Thanks

Solved Solved
0 5 252
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@AleksiAlkio Hello.

i am trying to show the data rows from another table in detail view as well as in form. So are you suggesting i create an action with LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW() and attach it to a column inline where i am trying to show the data. And when user clicks it, he will be able to see those filtered rows... Good idea... 

But apart from this, is it possible to show data in table format inside detail view or form view without VC so that user doesnt have to click the action inline and may get idea of the table shown along with rest of the data in detail or form view?

Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

You can avoid VCs with an action.. using LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(). The difference is very small.. are you scrolling the detail view, or pressing an action/icon.

@AleksiAlkio Hello.

i am trying to show the data rows from another table in detail view as well as in form. So are you suggesting i create an action with LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW() and attach it to a column inline where i am trying to show the data. And when user clicks it, he will be able to see those filtered rows... Good idea... 

But apart from this, is it possible to show data in table format inside detail view or form view without VC so that user doesnt have to click the action inline and may get idea of the table shown along with rest of the data in detail or form view?

Thanks!

#1 - The action approach doesn't work with the form view as you can't trigger an action from that view type. You can show them after the form view is closed with the Event action , if it helps.
#2 - You can show the data with a Show/Text column on a form view, but though it's not the same than Inline view with rows. Without VC, it's not possible to show Inline views.

@AleksiAlkio Thank you so much. Sometimes, the solution so simple skips our mind. I tried using linktofilteredview() and it serves my purpose for now. Thank you so much buddy.. ๐Ÿ™‚

Good to hear!

Top Labels in this Space