Inline views missing view type selection

The system generated inline view controls are missing the place to select the type of view it should be.

1 9 526
9 REPLIES 9

Yes it’s the same for all system generated views. You need to create your own ref view for that purpose… but you probably know it already

Wait… You guys got rid of the ability to change the type of view for a system generated inline view?

Seriously?!

How am I supposed to change the system view (the root view for the table), when it’s created as a deck, into a table?

When I create my own table view for that, and put it in the ref position, now I have an extra view that is not the “base view” for that table. Anytime somebody would be directed to what app sheet interprets as just viewing the base view, it uses the system generated view instead of the view that I made.

But I’m sure you’re aware of that

Best
Matt

@MultiTech_Guru
www.MultiTechVisions.com

@MultiTech_Visions Yes I do know this.

Okay… So there’s no way for me to change the system generated in line view to a different type anymore?

When it creates the system generated view as a deck, I’m stuck with that view from now on?

I tried what you were suggesting, creating my own view of a specific type that I want, but unfortunately the inline views are not using that. It still using the system generated deck view, even when I delete it it just recreates it the same way it did before.

Best
Matt

@MultiTech_Guru
www.MultiTechVisions.com

Did you use the position as “Ref”? I tested this and it works.

Here’s the app in question:
GuateStar-CostosCE2-64813

It’s so funny; over and over and over again it doesn’t work - until I bring it to your attention, then it works. I’ll get to the point where I’m like… fine, I’ll record a video. Then it works. Sigh.

But this is right back to the messy setup you guys had before system views were implemented, where I’ve got to have “extra” views for things.

@Praveen Seshadri ???

This seems like a bug to me; like when the UX>Views panel was redesigned, the top portion (which includes the view type selector) was hidden for system views - but this had the unexpected result of hiding the ability to change system inline view types.

With the recent changes, the grouping of things in containers, it’s easy to see how this could be overlooked - as the other system views (detail and form) don’t have any other types they could be, so you don’t need that top portion.

Best

Matt Vileta

CEO MultiTech Visions

Website | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn

So we have to use deck views or make your own new views ? If you have a lot of records the deck views are going to take up a lot of space. Im interested to hear the reason for this. Having to make a new view for every inline one will be a bit tedious.

@MultiTech_Visions maybe @praveen has better thoughts about this feature and reasons.

Top Labels in this Space