Intermittent errors - Ghosts from previous table designs

At one point in the history of an app, I decided to rename a column.  The column name was referenced in a doc template, so I also made the needed changes to that template.  Now, when saving the app, about 10% of the time, I get an error message telling me that my template is referencing a column name that doesn't exist (the old name).  I've tried replacing the template, but that didn't help.

It seems to me that somewhere, within the app, there must be something that still holds the old column name.  Since it loads fine about 90% of the time, and since I have checked all the nooks and crannies and found no remaining reference to the old column name in any editable spot, I feel like this is a bug.  Is there any way to put my app through a rinse mode that will eliminate whatever historic references to the old column name that appsheet is hanging on to?

Screen Shot 2024-03-07 at 6.08.18 PM.png

Solved Solved
0 5 87
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi, do you have bots sending emails? if you click on the "go to problem", it should take you to the bot's task, check the template file and update it.

View solution in original post

in your app, go to settings - information - app documentation - at the very bottom of the page, there's a link that will generate the documentation for the app - search in there if there's any reference to the old column name.

Or use this link:  https://www.appsheet.com/template/appdoc?appId=__Your  app ID here___ 

Alternatively, I would remove the template files from your bots and recreate them.

Hope you'll figure where the error is coming from!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi, do you have bots sending emails? if you click on the "go to problem", it should take you to the bot's task, check the template file and update it.

This problem is happening AFTER updating the template file multiple times.

in your app, go to settings - information - app documentation - at the very bottom of the page, there's a link that will generate the documentation for the app - search in there if there's any reference to the old column name.

Or use this link:  https://www.appsheet.com/template/appdoc?appId=__Your  app ID here___ 

Alternatively, I would remove the template files from your bots and recreate them.

Hope you'll figure where the error is coming from!

Bingo!  Thanks very much.  By looking there, I found the reference in a disabled bot.  Hopefully deleting the bot fixes the problem.  

Actually, I just had the problem again, and this time, the field name showing in the error does not occur anywhere in the documentation. 

Top Labels in this Space