Inventory management batch wise choosing products

Hi Guys,

I am trying to make an inventory management app.

I wanted to ask if a same product is entered but the batch no is different.

When I create a sales suppose, ca I get an option to choose under that product which batch I want to go for?

Solved Solved
0 8 131
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Although you have a Unique ID, would they not have a Product ID? Anyway, that is besides.

You would need to have a sub table to record the batch number then. So against a product, you would have a table that lists all the batch receipts you have had. But the "Batch" information could also include date information. So when you list the "batches" for a product, that could be listed in date order rather than batch number. So always have the longest date away showing last. Does that make sense?

Or simply create a slice that filters all products but with batch numbers "grouped" in a deck view. When you select the item you want to review, it would then show all the batches associated with that product but within that deck view you could order by date.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Please lookup "Dependent dropdown"

I did look it up. But I am a bit confused on hos to structure it.

Would the product number not be the same? So you could use the product number as the main but then a second slice for the batch number? It's hard understanding in what context your problem is.

I have an inventory table which has frozen chicken which has come in 3 different stocks, where the product name & price is same but the expiry is different. The unique ID in the system for each of them is different.

But when I am about to do a sale, I want the option to choose out of these 3 available frozen chicken which one do i want to consider for sale.

Although you have a Unique ID, would they not have a Product ID? Anyway, that is besides.

You would need to have a sub table to record the batch number then. So against a product, you would have a table that lists all the batch receipts you have had. But the "Batch" information could also include date information. So when you list the "batches" for a product, that could be listed in date order rather than batch number. So always have the longest date away showing last. Does that make sense?

Or simply create a slice that filters all products but with batch numbers "grouped" in a deck view. When you select the item you want to review, it would then show all the batches associated with that product but within that deck view you could order by date.

Hi @Domearian 

Possible to connect on a call?

I'm not sure I can connect to anyone outside of my workplace. What is your email address?

You can reach out to me on (PII Removed by Staff)

Top Labels in this Space