Invoke action on form save

Hi,
How can I be able to activate this set of actions to populate a column when a form is saved?
I would like to achieve a sumifs type result but avoid possible thousand spreadsheets formula as my google sheets could grow to a thousand rows.

so I thought this is good to activate this set column action everytime my user clicks save.
if(ANY(
SELECT(
Expenses Details[Cost],
AND(
([Date] = [_ThisRow].[Date]),
([Expenses Item] = “Over”),
([Over or Short Name] = [_ThisRow].[Name]))
)
)>50,0,ANY(
SELECT(
Expenses Details[Cost],
AND(
([Date] = [_ThisRow].[Date]),
([Expenses Item] = “Over”),
([Over or Short Name] = [_ThisRow].[Name]))
)
))

much thanks

Solved Solved
0 4 3,207
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, In the form saved action you can select an action that ‘Data: execute an action on a set of rows’

Create a new action in Sales Form table, with Do this as ‘Data: execute an action on a set of rows’, you can select Referenced table as ‘Name’ table & select Referenced Action from that table. You’ll have to provide an expression to select the rows from Name table against which the action needs to run.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Create your Actions for the datasource used in the form.

Then navigate to the form View, expand its Behavior section and you will see a “Form Saved” property. See image below.

Tap the dropdown and your Action should in the list. Select it and Save the editor. This action will automatically be called anytime a Save is performed on that Form View

Hi,
I forgot to mention that the form that I would like to invoke when saving is another data table.

LIke: Sales Form to save but invoke action meant for Name Table. Is this possible?

Yes, In the form saved action you can select an action that ‘Data: execute an action on a set of rows’

Create a new action in Sales Form table, with Do this as ‘Data: execute an action on a set of rows’, you can select Referenced table as ‘Name’ table & select Referenced Action from that table. You’ll have to provide an expression to select the rows from Name table against which the action needs to run.

Thanks.

Top Labels in this Space