Invoke action on form save

Hi,
How can I be able to activate this set of actions to populate a column when a form is saved?
I would like to achieve a sumifs type result but avoid possible thousand spreadsheets formula as my google sheets could grow to a thousand rows.

so I thought this is good to activate this set column action everytime my user clicks save.
if(ANY(
SELECT(
Expenses Details[Cost],
AND(
([Date] = [_ThisRow].[Date]),
([Expenses Item] = โ€œOverโ€),
([Over or Short Name] = [_ThisRow].[Name]))
)
)>50,0,ANY(
SELECT(
Expenses Details[Cost],
AND(
([Date] = [_ThisRow].[Date]),
([Expenses Item] = โ€œOverโ€),
([Over or Short Name] = [_ThisRow].[Name]))
)
))

much thanks

Solved Solved
0 4 3,191
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, In the form saved action you can select an action that โ€˜Data: execute an action on a set of rowsโ€™

Create a new action in Sales Form table, with Do this as โ€˜Data: execute an action on a set of rowsโ€™, you can select Referenced table as โ€˜Nameโ€™ table & select Referenced Action from that table. Youโ€™ll have to provide an expression to select the rows from Name table against which the action needs to run.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Create your Actions for the datasource used in the form.

Then navigate to the form View, expand its Behavior section and you will see a โ€œForm Savedโ€ property. See image below.

Tap the dropdown and your Action should in the list. Select it and Save the editor. This action will automatically be called anytime a Save is performed on that Form View

Hi,
I forgot to mention that the form that I would like to invoke when saving is another data table.

LIke: Sales Form to save but invoke action meant for Name Table. Is this possible?

Yes, In the form saved action you can select an action that โ€˜Data: execute an action on a set of rowsโ€™

Create a new action in Sales Form table, with Do this as โ€˜Data: execute an action on a set of rowsโ€™, you can select Referenced table as โ€˜Nameโ€™ table & select Referenced Action from that table. Youโ€™ll have to provide an expression to select the rows from Name table against which the action needs to run.

Thanks.

Top Labels in this Space