Is embedded app view email ready for production?

Is embedded app view email ready for production?  I would love to use this but it seems to have a lot of limitations and quirks.

Has anybody successfully used this?  Is anyone else seeing the problems with show/hide logic and formulas?  (I did see this list of limitations but I did not see my issues listed there.)

Thanks

0 3 145
3 REPLIES 3

It is my understanding that it is generally available.  No mention in the documentation that it is still Beta - like other features.   But it certainly seemed to jump to PROD ready rather quickly considering its capability compared to other features still in Beta.

Well, it may be generally available but it does not seem ready to use.  Formulas are not read-only, and show-hide actions do not work.

Not to get on a soapbox, but this is such a Google thing to do.  Create an amazing new technology, release it when it is 90% done, then move on to something else.  But many people cannot use that amazing technology because Google does not fix all the annoying bugs.

@Scott_Nesbitt wrote:

Not to get on a soapbox, but this is such a Google thing to do.  Create an amazing new technology, release it when it is 90% done, then move on to something else.  But many people cannot use that amazing technology because Google does not fix all the annoying bugs.

Actually, this is a problem in almost every software development shop out there.  That first 80-90% is easier to achieve and is more rewarding to the developers.

The last 10-20% is where the tedious, slow work happens.  The more serious bugs are found often needing re-implementation.  Just not as glamorous.

Then there is the moving target of what is good enough?  The issues you face I may never encounter.

Having said all that, I totally agree that there are many, many features that have issues.  Some issue can be worked around.  But others are bad enough that they prevent App Creators from using them. 

My fear is that AppSheet will abandon some of the lesser used features thinking they are not desired when in fact it's just that they cannot be well used in their current state.

In my opinion, AppSheet needs to pause on new features and tighten up existing implementations ... or at the very least divide and conquer.

Top Labels in this Space