Is it possible to embed app into a website so any visitor can use it?

Hi, I hope you can help.

The idea is this.

The app is a quote calculator/generator.

Website visitors use the calculator to obtain a price for a job. But to do this they won't download the app or log in. They simply visit the page where the app is embedded and input the details and press submit.

I, as the app creator get a copy of the quote request and the visitor gets a price.

When they click submit, a new record is created in the table.

Before I go further I really need to know that it is possible for multiple people to access the same app without needing to have login or permissions individually. i.e - if you are on the webpage, then you can see the app.

I also need it so that the only thing they can see is the info they have submitted and are unable to see any other views so that they can't see other users quotes. Is this possible too? 

(there is no point me continuing the build if its not possible to stop users seeing other users inputs)

Thanks folks. Hope you can help!

Solved Solved
0 7 1,027
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@JimandToby wrote:

it is possible for multiple people to access the same app without needing to have login or permissions individually

Yes, you can disable sign-in, but based on the number of people accessing the app you might need a paid subscription plan.

@JimandToby wrote:

if you are on the webpage, then you can see the app

Yes it is possible to embed your app in a iFrame.

@JimandToby wrote:

I also need it so that the only thing they can see is the info they have submitted

Yes, in the table settings you can use the option: Filter out existing rows.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

I asked a similar question recently and I was told that the answer was to spend $50 month to make the app public.  

@RedVox wrote:

make the app public

That's helpful for some use cases, but is incompatible with authenticating users to allow viewing via the app their own data after submitting but precluding viewing other users' data.

@JimandToby wrote:

multiple people to access the same app without needing to have login or permissions individually. i.e - if you are on the webpage, then you can see the app

Just like @RedVox explained, use the Publisher Pro plan to pay per app (instead of per user). Also, ICYMI, Run your app in an iFrame on a web page - AppSheet Help

@JimandToby wrote:

I also need it so that the only thing they can see is the info they have submitted

This is what's incompatible with public apps, which don't support user authentication. Consider instead configuring the table to allow only submission, and then the information is sent to the user via email, SMS, WhatsApp, or some other channel.

@JimandToby wrote:

it is possible for multiple people to access the same app without needing to have login or permissions individually

Yes, you can disable sign-in, but based on the number of people accessing the app you might need a paid subscription plan.

@JimandToby wrote:

if you are on the webpage, then you can see the app

Yes it is possible to embed your app in a iFrame.

@JimandToby wrote:

Yes, in the table settings you can use the option: Filter out existing rows.

Thank you all for your replies. Just in case it helps anyone else.

I was able to make the app public by choosing don't require sign in.

I was able to make it so that submitted info was not visible to other users by choosing allow only submission to filter out existing rows.

I was able to email the result to the customer using a bot automation.

I was able to embed it all into an iframe by using the app id (even though finding this was not very easy and you would expect to be more straightforward). 

Well done ๐Ÿ‘

Can you share where you found the information to embed into iframe using the app id?  When I use the URL for placing my app on the website, it's not quite the UX feature I'm looking for.  I'm wanting the look of the app

Una pregunta cuando pones el link de la app en el iframe me da un problema que me coge la vista de escritorio en vez de la de celular, 

Top Labels in this Space