Is it possible to have 2 different format opt...

Is it possible to have 2 different format options for the same column?

I have a gSheet displaying live weather and one of the columns is labeled [Forecast]. When I bring it into AppSheet, I format it so that all of the text is green, in color. The forecast column gets populated with words like “Mostly Cloudy”, “Cloudy”, “Rain”, etc…

I want to be able to highlight the text in the color Red, whenever the words “Rain” or “Showers” or “T-storms” shows up in the [Forecast] column. Please see attached. I’ve tried a bunch of different AND, NOT, OR combo’s and can’t seem to figure out. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

0 4 443
  • UX
4 REPLIES 4

tony1

@Brady_Lovell Make a format rule with the condition OR([Forecast] = “Rain”, [Forecast] = “T-Storms”, [Forecast] = “Showers”). Make sure to select the columns you want formatted.

Also, if you have an existing “all green everything” format rule, make sure your overriding rainy weather rule appears after it. From the docs:

" If two matching rules conflict in their formatting information, the last rule takes precedence."

help.appsheet.com - Format Rules: The Essentials Format Rules: The Essentials help.appsheet.com

Hi @Brady_Lovell, have you tried CONTAINS. eg

CONTAINS([VENUE],“CANCELLED”)

etc. Just use your data.

@tony Your suggestion is exactly what I did originially, but for some reason I couldn’t get it to work. Probably just had the order messed up I guess, as it’s working great now. Thanks!

Thanks @Lynn this turned out to just be a goof on my end

You could write that expression also like… IN([Forecast],LIST(“Rain”,“T-Storms”,“Showers”))

Top Labels in this Space