Is it possible to have a Save and a Save and ...

Is it possible to have a Save and a Save and Close option on forms?

Iโ€™m working with a bunch of users and this is an ongoing issue especially on mobile devices.

They want to keep hitting save and obviously the form closes.

I can deal with training issues on our apps that require sign in but the public app is worrying me.

0 3 317
3 REPLIES 3

Iโ€™m afraid we donโ€™t have that functionality directly at this moment. As quite often there is a workaround. Create an action that will open the same record if the condition is correct and set that action as โ€œEvent actionโ€ to your form view. When you save the record and condition is TRUE, the action will reopen it. If the condition is FALSE, it wonโ€™t open it.

@Aleksi_Alkio Can you provide an example of what a condition for this might look like?

I do have a few fields with valid if formulas that will prevent them from saving the form

but those will only work if they have entered information in those fields.

I guess I could make those fields required, but Iโ€™m curious to know how this workaround option would work with conditions.

I could certainly apply this in other apps.

You need to create a formula where the result is either TRUE or FALSE. That result needs to come from your record, for exampleโ€ฆif you have a field like [Do you want to save and close], you need to check that status with the formula [Do you want to save and close]=FALSE, it will trigger the action and reopen the same record.

Top Labels in this Space