Is it possible to have a Save and a Save and ...

Is it possible to have a Save and a Save and Close option on forms?

I’m working with a bunch of users and this is an ongoing issue especially on mobile devices.

They want to keep hitting save and obviously the form closes.

I can deal with training issues on our apps that require sign in but the public app is worrying me.

0 3 311
3 REPLIES 3

I’m afraid we don’t have that functionality directly at this moment. As quite often there is a workaround. Create an action that will open the same record if the condition is correct and set that action as “Event action” to your form view. When you save the record and condition is TRUE, the action will reopen it. If the condition is FALSE, it won’t open it.

@Aleksi_Alkio Can you provide an example of what a condition for this might look like?

I do have a few fields with valid if formulas that will prevent them from saving the form

but those will only work if they have entered information in those fields.

I guess I could make those fields required, but I’m curious to know how this workaround option would work with conditions.

I could certainly apply this in other apps.

You need to create a formula where the result is either TRUE or FALSE. That result needs to come from your record, for example…if you have a field like [Do you want to save and close], you need to check that status with the formula [Do you want to save and close]=FALSE, it will trigger the action and reopen the same record.

Top Labels in this Space