Is it possible to have a filtered drop down l...

Is it possible to have a filtered drop down list that you can add to? I think the way you filter is with valid_if but that will not allow new records

0 9 358
9 REPLIES 9

If you use “fixed” values in Enum field, you can set the option “AllowOtherValues” to true. Then the user can add new values.

I think this would not allow me to have a filtered drop down list based on another selection. Essentially I am trying to have something like the 2 columns- Country and Restaurant. If someone selects a Country, the list of Restaurants is filtered to what currently exists in the data…but the user can still add a new restaurant if they want. Is this possible?

Gotcha… you should be able to do that with the ref field. You can use the dependent dropdown after you have selected the first field’s value.

So in this example, the restaurant field would be changed to Type=Ref? How do you create the dependent dropdown? I only know how to do this through valid_if

Dependent dropdown requires Valid_If which makes adding disabled

haven’t had time to get into this person’s extensive workaround from 2016 but may have to look into it plus.google.com - Add values to dependent dropdowns: I am trying to have a set of dependent dr… Add values to dependent dropdowns: I am trying to have a set of dependent dr… plus.google.com

When you first choose the country, you can query the restaurants with the expression SELECT(TableName[Restaurant],[Country]=[_THISROW][Country]) Put this formula into the Valid_If field.

Typo error… one dot was missing. SELECT(TableName[Restaurant],[Country]=[_THISROW].[Country])

Receiving the following error: “Column _THISROW is used in a SELECT expression. It is the wrong type. It should be a list of rows.”

Top Labels in this Space