Is it possible to have two "edit" actions that edit different columns on the same data table?

Firstly, Iโ€™m still relatively new to AppSheet, so Iโ€™m still learning all the ins and outs.

Anyway, is there a way to create two different edit actions on the same data table that edit different columns? For example, โ€œEdit #1,โ€ when clicked will bring up the form to edit columns: โ€˜Nameโ€™ and โ€˜Ageโ€™. Then thereโ€™s a second button, โ€œEdit #2,โ€ that only brings up the form to edit columns: โ€˜Addressโ€™ and โ€˜Date of Birthโ€™. Is this possible?

Any insight on this will be greatly appreciated!

1 4 431
4 REPLIES 4

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Definitely possible. Youโ€™ll need to create a slice of your table for each form you want (one with Name & Age, another with Address & Date of Birth), then create โ€œdeep linkโ€ actions that take the user to the desired form.

See also:

@Steve I created a new slice and added a new action for my main table with the โ€œgo to another view within this appโ€ choice and put the LINKTOFORM() Equation that links to my sliceโ€™s form. But, when submitted, it adds a new row instead of editing. What am I missing?

EDIT: Just found out I needed to use LINKTOROW() instead. Thanks for the help, you pointed me into the right direction!

Well done!

I was on the same way as you, thanks for the LINKTOROW() key, I would not have made it without that information. Thanks a lot!

Top Labels in this Space