Is it possible to hide virtual columns in for...

Is it possible to hide virtual columns in form-mode?

I have few virtual columns, that are showing some static data (specifically a letter), which is colored either red or green based on a another columns true/false state.

I do not need these virtual columns to show up on my form-view, so I was wondering if it is possible to hide them in that specific view?

I know I can change the order in a table-view, but can’t figure out how to do it in form-view.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 6 860
6 REPLIES 6

I’ve had similar questions/problems with the form view. I created a slice to eliminate a few of them, but not all of them.

You can hide those virtual columns with the Show_If. Just type FALSE there. If the option UX > Options > Apply show-if constraints universally is set to ON, it will hide those virtual columns from the detail etc. view as well.

Is it possible to hide a certain column in the Details view, but still have it show up in Tables?

Yes! The columns displayed in a detail view can be chosen from the details view configuration.

Yay, thanks so much! And any way to hide them in forms (it’s an automated column anyways, so people can’t edit it)? (I found a topic that set Show_If to FALSE, but that also hid the variable in the tables).

Yep! The easiest way is to use an expression for Show_If that makes a decision according to the output of CONTEXT("View") or CONTEXT("ViewType") (see also Other Expressions). For instance, to display a column in any type of view except a form, use a Show_If expression of:

(CONTEXT("ViewType") <> "form")
Top Labels in this Space