Is there a daily limit on automation events?

I've developed my app with appreciable dependence on automation events. Today, I went to add the Core plan to my account now that I'm ready to deploy, and I was presented with a list of the plan's benefits, including "Advanced process automation featuresโ€”Up to 100 daily events." I had not seen and now do not find any documentation that there's a daily limit on automation events. I had referenced the Automation Limits article, which doesn't mention any such limit, the AppSheet pricing page, which says that basic automation is included in the Starter plan and Advanced Automation is included in the Core plan, and now I also searched the forum, where I don't find anything on the topic other than one question from a couple years ago about Email notification daily limit, which wasn't answered publicly.

Is there such a limit that app creators need to be aware of? If so, how does it work--e.g., does it apply to both scheduled and data change events?, does it apply at the account, app, or user level?, etc.

If a limit exists and there's not documentation that I've missed, that's a highly impactful gap in the reference material material available to app creators.

Solved Solved
1 3 233
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It seems that there are no limits on automation events and the information that appears on the AppSheet Core purchase screen in Google Workspace is inaccurate (and should be corrected).

Here's confirmation I received from "Nicholas from AppSheet" in response to an inquiry I sent to sales@appsheet.com.

My question

Is there a daily limit on automation events and, if so, how do they work (e.g., at account-, app-, u... As illustrated by the screenshot in the linked community topic thread, I went to set up an AppSheet Core subscription in my Google Workspace account where I intend to transfer the app for deployment, and the plan's description included a bullet noting that the plan includes "Up to 100 daily events". As far as I could find, that limit is not mentioned anywhere in your help documentation or the community; also, it's not mentioned on the screen in my personal AppSheet account where I can upgrade to the Core plan. Based on that reference documentation that was available, I created an app with a dependency on automations that might easily exceed such a limit depending on the particulars of how the limit works.

AppSheet response

You are correct, there are no limits on the number of automations you can have run in one day. This article will go over the limitations around automation: https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/5167185-automation-limits

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Escalated.

The comment in my original post was based on what I saw when beginning to add AppSheet Core to my Google Workspace. I now see that there's no reference to any features or feature limits on the plan selection page in my personal AppSheet account. Is there a difference in features, throttling, or anything else between the same subscription level via a personal account vs. via a Google Workspace account?

Google Workspace

dbaum_0-1651347869027.png

Personal

dbaum_1-1651347880383.png

It seems that there are no limits on automation events and the information that appears on the AppSheet Core purchase screen in Google Workspace is inaccurate (and should be corrected).

Here's confirmation I received from "Nicholas from AppSheet" in response to an inquiry I sent to sales@appsheet.com.

My question

Is there a daily limit on automation events and, if so, how do they work (e.g., at account-, app-, u... As illustrated by the screenshot in the linked community topic thread, I went to set up an AppSheet Core subscription in my Google Workspace account where I intend to transfer the app for deployment, and the plan's description included a bullet noting that the plan includes "Up to 100 daily events". As far as I could find, that limit is not mentioned anywhere in your help documentation or the community; also, it's not mentioned on the screen in my personal AppSheet account where I can upgrade to the Core plan. Based on that reference documentation that was available, I created an app with a dependency on automations that might easily exceed such a limit depending on the particulars of how the limit works.

AppSheet response

You are correct, there are no limits on the number of automations you can have run in one day. This article will go over the limitations around automation: https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/5167185-automation-limits

Top Labels in this Space