Is there a way to Filter a ref_row based on input text in another field before sync?

Iโ€™ve created a valid_if statement for a column. Based on the values input into that column, I want my ref_row to filter the results prior to syncing. Is this possible?

Solved Solved
0 50 9,221
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sorry, Iโ€™m dumb, I didnโ€™t see the computed name was the label and something elseโ€ฆ
IFS("None"<>[AffilateCode], FILTER("Affiliates", [_THISROW].[AffiliateCode]=[AffiliateCode]))

View solution in original post

50 REPLIES 50

@Bahbus, are these the details you were referring to?

Bahbus

Like this one, but with Type Details also expanded, and for the column that is misbehaving.
2X_6_6901b5fc6d88f4aa4c1999528d54258f9455b7e2.png

โ€œLeadsโ€[Customer]

Contโ€™d:

โ€œCustomerโ€[EmployeeID]

Contโ€™d:

โ€œCustomerโ€[AffiliateKey]

Contโ€™d:

For that CustomerKey column, try a Valid If of [AffiliateKey].[Related Customers]

Iโ€™ve figured it out, sort ofโ€ฆ I used the example you provided with the ENUM with a base as REF and VALID_IF, but it doesnโ€™t auto select the option. Is there a way to do that. Iโ€™ve tried using Initial Value and App Formula, but I get errors.
2X_9_9d9a4a9829d5c8a6aaff427108186b4e2234898a.gif

What, if anything, did happen when tried [AffiliateKey].[Related Customers]?

Unfortunately, no . This does not provide the desired results.

Nothing happened. the Expression I used was [Related Leads][AffiliateKey] as we needed to pull the AffilateKey used in the Leads table and not the Customer. The initial Form starts from the Leads table & not the customer.

When I use initial Value as stated in some of the community forums, I get this error.

Column Name โ€˜EmployeeIDโ€™ in Schema โ€˜Customers_Schemaโ€™ of Column Type โ€˜Enumโ€™ has an invalid โ€˜Initial Valueโ€™ of โ€˜=[Related Leads][EmployeeID]โ€™. The type of the Initial Value does not match the column type. Consider using โ€˜โ€™ instead.

It say consider using " which confuses me.

I believe the error is because that method brings over your information in List form. Try:
INDEX([Related Leads][EmployeeID],1)

Once again, youโ€™re a genius! Thank you so much! I you!

Top Labels in this Space