Is there a way to define Variables and Constants and use them like old fashion program languages?

For example, I want to copy a value from a field of the table and save it for later use in another part of the APP for reference or computation?

0 3 1,047
3 REPLIES 3

Hmm… not sure I see how a Virtual Column and Derefs don’t do the same thing? VC’s are basically places to store calculated variables ??

The first goal is I want to create a simple but specific calculator with my formulas. I just want to enter one value and the app can pick up defaults I define in a table. The result will show on the app, BUT I don’t need to save the results so I don’t want the “Cancel” and “Save” buttons.

Right now, I only how to open a table with the form view and use formulas in behaviors and initial value hardcode in the view to do this. I can get a result dynamically but the form view defaults to have a “Cancel” and “Save” buttons. If I make the table read-only then I cannot see the dynamic changes of the result when I change the values of other “field”
There are more choice on below the window but I think the current screen capture should suffice.

AppSheet really isn’t intended for ephemeral data use cases. Any approach to your problem in AppSheet will involve storing data in tables and the corresponding network traffic.

Top Labels in this Space